Follow these simple steps:
1. Visit http://www.porterco.org.
2. On the right side of the page click on green Tax Website icon.
3. This will take you to the Quick Access Page for first time users:
• Open the pull down box that says Select One
• Your choices are Pay Your Bill, Print Your Bill/Receipt and General Search
• You need a Duplicate Number from your tax bill to Pay Your Bill and Print Your Bill/Receipt.
• For General Search choose one of the following Duplicate Number, Last Name, Address, and Parcel Number.
• If you need the duplicate number you can choose one for the General Search choices other than duplicate number and get the number for the results of your search.
• You may then X out of the page and return to Select One and entered the Duplicate Number as required by the search desired.
• Once you are in the system it isn’t necessary to X out each time for a new entry. You may use the search area at the top left corner of the page to make another search using Last Name, Address, Duplicate Number or Parcel Number.
4. There is a Graphic Tutorial to read and print for 1st time users.
5. If you are a Seasoned User you can just click on the hyperlink that says Public Access Tax Information Site.
6. You may have to load Microsoft Silverlite to access the system. You will be prompted through the installation process.
7. If you are a commercial user you may need to have your IT department load the Microsoft Silverlite plug-in.
Follow the provided tips to help your search the site from the graphic tutorial.
If you are having problems call 219-465-3380 and I can help walk you through the process. If it goes to voicemail leave a name and number and the reason you are calling and I will return the call. You may also email me at mbuckoportercoorg.